Here's what's new with Sommly!
Transparency is a value that we take seriously here at Sommly. One of the ways that this is manifested is through regular updates about product changes and improvements. If you didn’t read our spring 2022 update, check it out here.
With the seemingly never ending summer behind us and the Texas heat finally subsiding, wine shipments will be increasing exponentially. We’ve been gearing up for the fall all summer and have a few exciting announcements.
- New Cart – We launched completely new cart system earlier this month that will now allow consumers to purchase multiple wines from your winery. Wine shipping costs can be set as tiered, so that wineries are able reduce their shipping costs based on the volume of wine purchased. For instance, if a winery would like, they can set their shipping to $15 for the first bottle and free for a case.
- New Homepage – We have updated our homepage to provide a better customer experience. We hope that this new homepage will provide clarity to both wineries and wine drinkers about all of the options to work with Sommly.
- Marketing – Now that the summer is behind us, wine shipping will become much easier in the state of Texas. With that in mind, we will be ramping up our marketing and advertising budgets over the course of the next few weeks. This will help us drive even more direct-to-consumer wine sales. We also sponsored Texas Wine Jam and saw many of you at that event!
- Live Chat – Live chat went live early in September. Our goal is to help consumers select that perfect bottle of wine, and assist winery owners as they claim their page and list their wines.
- Winery Image Processing – In August we launched a new update to our winery pages that now allows wineries upload and resize images so that they look great on their winery pages. If you had uploaded photos prior to August, you will still need to delete the old image and re-upload a new image to get the benefits of the fix.
- Winery Feature Articles – We’ve been regularly publishing feature articles about wineries. If you work for or own a winery and would like to be included in an article, please reach out to us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Search Improvements – We have improved our filters for both bottles and wineries. We have also enabled sticky search, so if you click on a winery and then go back to your search results, it will not lose the filters.
- TikTok – For wineries who have a TikTok page, you can now link to your winery TikTok.
- New Mascot! – And, Sara and I have a very special update, we adopted a puppy! Frida is a Brussels Griffon and she was adopted August 25th. You can follow her adventures on Instagram.
We’re always looking for ways for us to improve Sommly, so if you have any thoughts or recommendations, please contact us!